This three year project will examine the reversal of the gender gap in education and its implications for marriage markets and family relationships.
- Possessing or pursuing a master’s degree in sociology or related social science field with firm intention to pursue a Ph.D. in sociology or participation in a doctoral programme in sociology or related field. PhD. students are eligible.
- Strong interest in a career in survey research and advanced data analysis
- Knowledge of statistical software such as SPSS, STATA, R, LISREL, Mplus, etc.
- Good command of English.
We offer an academically stimulating and rewarding research position in a top public research institution, participation in a research project that offers a unique opportunity for career development and professional growth while simultaneously pursuing a Ph.D. in sociology. A competitive salary subject to conditions specified by the regulations of the of Institute of Sociology AS CR and the Czech Science Foundation.
- CV providing details of academic qualifications and research experience
- Brief letter of motivation (1 page maximum)
- Sample of academic writing in Czech or English that may be from a published journal article or chapter from the thesis demonstrating excellent writing ability
These application documents should be sent by midnight December 22.12. 2016 to Dana Hamplová via e-mail email@example.com. Selected candidates will be invited to attend for personal interview, which will take place in early January 2017. Appointment to this research post will commence in January 2017 or later.
Contact: Tel. +420 310 210 238