The Council of the Institute of Sociology of the Czech Academy of Sciences, public research institution, is taking applications for the Director of the Institute.
- Compliance with the legal requirements pursuant to Section 17, Paragraphs (4) to (6) of Act No. 341/2005 Coll., on Public Research Institutions, as currently in force,
- A university degree and academic qualifications in relevant fields of research carried out at the Institute,
- Research record in some of the main fields of research carried out at the Institute, as demonstrated by relevant publication track record,
- Organizational skills and managerial experience,
- Proficient knowledge of English, other language skills will be considered,
- Moral integrity.
The expected term in office is 1 May 2017 to 30 April 2022.
At interview applicants are expected to present their vision of the position and the plans they intend to accomplish. Selected applicant will be required to verify that he/she has met the conditions following from Act No. 451/1991 Coll., which defines further prerequisites for the performance of defined positions (the Lustration Act), as amended.
Applications, including a structured curriculum vitae, certificates of achieved qualifications, a list of the positions held, a list of major scientific publications and an outline of the Research Development Plan of the Institute, are to be delivered in writing to the Secretariat of the Institute of Sociology of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Jilská 361/1, Prague 1, postal code 110 00, Czech Republic, no later than 17 October 2016 12:00 a.m. Please mark ‘job opening’ on the envelope.