This five year project will examine the Czech Society using a household panel survey research design. This study will focus on five themes: Family life, health, time use and income management; Education and the labour market; Social stratification; Housing choices and inequalities; and Political participation and civil society.
- Possess a master’s degree in sociology or related social science field, or will complete such a degree in 2014, and intend to pursue a Ph.D. in sociology or a related field.
- Students in the early stages of a Ph.D. in sociology or a related social science discipline are also encouraged to apply.
- Willingness to write a Ph.D. dissertation using Czech Household Panel Survey data.
- Have a strong interest in a career in survey research and data analysis.
- Have some knowledge of any of the following statistical software SPSS, STATA, R, etc.
- Good command of English.
We offer a full-time position in a top public research institution, participation in a prestigious research project that offers a unique opportunity for career development and professional growth. A competitive salary will be offered subject to conditions specified by the regulations of the Institute of Sociology AS CR and the Czech Science Foundation.
- CV (in Czech or English) providing details of academic qualifications and research experience.
- Sample of academic writing in Czech or English that may be from an academic paper/essay, dissertation chapter or journal article.
- Name and contact details of two referees.
- Other documentation the applicant wishes to be considered in the assessment.
These application documents should be emailed by midnight May 28 2014 to Michaela Röschová at email@example.com. Selected candidates will be invited to attend for personal interview, which will take place in mid-June 2014. Appointment to this research post will commence on July 1, 2014.
Contact: Tel. +420 310 210 204