Call for applications: Two postdoctoral research positions at Institute of Sociology of the Czech Academy of Sciences.
Duration of employment: 3(+2) years
Employment level in hours per week: 40 (full-time)
Work location: Institute of Sociology of the Czech Academy of Sciences (Prague, Czech Republic)
Monthly remuneration: (before health & social contributions and before tax): approx. 2,100€ gross
Job description (Postdoctoral Researcher)
The successful candidate will join „The Dynamics of Adolescents‘ Attitudes Toward Outgroups“ project funded by The Czech Science Foundation (GACR). This project seeks to investigate challenges related to integration of young foreigners with particular attention to adolescents from Ukraine. The project will employ a 4-wave Czech high school panel survey to examine the longitudinal effect of education, classmates and teachers on the development of attitudes towards out-groups in adolescence. The advertised position is based at the department of Social Stratification at Institute of Sociology of the Czech Academy of Sciences.
This is a full time postdoctoral position, which focuses on research including research management activities. The successful candidate will be responsible for data collection and carrying out research in collaboration with the team leader and other team members of this project.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- collaborate on questionnaire development
- provide support regarding fieldwork and data management
- analyze survey data in SPSS, STATA, MPlus or R
- contribute as a main author or co-author to academic articles and research reports
- present his or her research at conferences and seminars
- doctoral degree in Psychology, Sociology or other relevant discipline
- advanced methodological skills and experience with quantitative survey analysis
- experience with analyzing panel data is an asset
- documented academic track record
- excellent spoken and written English
- the person appointed is to carry out the job on location in Prague
- Curriculum Vitae including list of publications (max. 5 pages)
- research plan including a problem description, aims, anticipated methods, and a discussion of the relevance of the research (max. 2 pages)
- the applicant's three representative publications
- if the applicant has not yet defended his/her dissertation, he/she should attach a letter from the supervisor confirming that the defense is going to take place before July 2023
Applications are accepted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org latest January 8th 2023. Applicants Shortlisted applicants will be invited for online interviews. The employment starts as soon as possible or as agreed after completion of entry formalities including entry medical check. For additional queries, please contact email@example.com.
Notice for applicants with residence outside the Czech Republic: This position may be the candidate’s only place of employment and taxes, health and social insurance paid in the Czech Republic and/or in line with the relevant tax and insurance laws.
By replying to this advertisement or by sending your CV and/or other materials, you consent to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of job placement in accordance with EU Regulation No. 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of natural persons. You can withdraw your consent at any time.