Michael L. Smith, M.A., B.A., Ph.D.
1998, B.A., University of Washington in Seattle, USA
2000, M.A., Boston College, USA
2008, Ph.D., New School for Social Research, New York, USA
- political science: democratic governance, corruption, civil society and public participation, direct democracy
- sociology: social values and stratification, social and educational inequality, social exclusion
- 2003-, University of Washington, Department of Comparative History of Ideas, Lecturer
- 2001-2005, Anglo-American College in Prague, Lecturer
- 2002-2003, Sarah Lawrence College, New York, Lecturer
- 2002-2003, New York University, New York, Teaching Assistant
- 2001, Eugene Lang College, New York, Lecturer
2002, Short-Term Grant (study in residence), Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, East European Studies, Washington DC
2001, Democracy and Diversity Graduate Summer Institute in Krakow, Poland
- 1999, International Summer School in Political Philosophy in Cortona, Italy, organized by the Institute for Human Sciences, Vienna
Member of RC28 (Research Committee 28 of the International Sociological Association), American Sociological Association, American Political Science Association, Midwest Political Science Association.
Peer-reviewed journals I have reviewed for: Comparative Education Review, European Journal of Political Research, Environmental Politics, Czech Sociological Review, Journal of Applied Economics.