Mgr. Marcela Linková, Ph.D.
- 2014 PhD in in Sociology, Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University, Institute of Sociological Studies (PhD thesis: Disciplining science: The impacts of shifting governmentality regimes on academic research in the natural sciences in the Czech Republic)
- 1999 master's programme, Charles University, Faculty of Fine Arts, English and American Studies
Marcela Linková is the head of the Centre for Gender and Science at the Institute of Sociology of the Czech Academy of Sciences. Her research focuses on research careers, governance of research, research assessment and excellence from a gender perspective. She has developed the notion of the dynamic triangle to conceptualize the intertwined nature of recent shifts in research organizations, research policy including funding, and researcher subjectivities, centred on competition. Having been engaged in equality work since 2001, she continues her explorations of the material and discursive practices through which gender equality policies and initiatives are adopted and implemented at the European and Czech country level.
Linková, M. 11-12/2014. Gender, Science and Governance. University of Vienna, Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Science and Technology Studies.
- 2013 Linkoping University, Sweden
- 1996-1997 study programme, Suffolk University, Boston, USA
- chair of the ERAC Standing Working Group on Gender in Science and Innovation of the European Commission
- member of the Editorial Board of Gender - Equal Opportunities - Research, a peer-reviewed journal
- Council for the Support of the Participation of the Academy of Sciences CR in European R&D Integration