210 310 592
- 2004-2011: Palacký University in Olomouc, Philosophical Faculty, Ph.D. degree in philosophy.
- 1998-2004: Palacký University in Olomouc, Philosophical Faculty, MA degree in sociology and philosophy.
Field of specialisation:
- social theory
- relationship between society and energy
- Since 2013: lecturer at the Department of Sociology, Charles University, Faculty of Arts.
- 2013-2019: lecturer at the private university Unicorn College.
- 2004-2007: specialised courses at the Department of philosophy, Palacký University, Olomouc.
Foreign scholarships, fellowships or other academic study abroad:
- 09/2021-06/2022: 10-month long research fellowship (Visiting Scholar) at the Center for International Security and Cooperation, Stanford University (Fulbright Scholarship)
- 09/2020-02/2021: 6-month long research fellowship at the Institute of Sociology (Research Center Social Theory) at the University of Innsbruck, Austria (OP VVV for International Mobility of Scientists) .
- 09/2005-08/2006: 12-month long research fellowship at the Institute for Philosophy at the Julius Maximilians Universität in Würzburg, Germany (BAYHOST Scholarship).
- Since 2022 in charge of the topic Sustainable Energy and Society within the research program Sustainable Energy in the Research Strategy of the Czech Academy of Sciences (AV21).
- Since 2021, Network Affiliate, Center for International Security and Cooperation, Stanford University, USA.
- In 2020 laureate of the Czech Sociological Association biennial award for the best sociological book (Narrative and Dialogue. Theory of Social Intersubjectivity).
- Since 2019 member of the Steering Commitee at the SHARE platform – Social Sciences and Humanities in Ionizing Radiation Research (https://www.ssh-share.eu/).
- Since 2018 serves as a sociologist/representative of the Czech Academy of Sciences on the Advisory Board of the Czech Radioactive Waste Repository.
- From 2016 to 2020 editor-in-chief of the sociological scholarly journal Naše společnost ("Our Society": http://cvvm.soc.cas.cz/casopis/o-casopisu).
- From 2016 to 2021 in charge of the topic Social aspects of nuclear energy within the research program Systems for Nuclear Power in the Research Strategy of the Czech Academy of Sciences (AV21).
- Since 2015 member of the Energy Commission of the Czech Academy of Sciences.
- From 2015 to 2016, served as sociologist/representative of the public on the Working Group for Dialogue about the Deep Geological Repository operating under the Governmental Council for Energy and Raw Materials Strategy of the Czech Republic (personal participation in Group meetings as non-member since 2012).
- From 2015 to 2016 member of the Advisory Board in the E-TRACK project (Energy-Transparency Centre of Knowledge) at the Joint Research Centre of the European Commission.
- Editor of the translation from German to Czech of Hans-Georg Gadamer's book Truth and Method I and II, which was published in two volumes in 2010 and 2011 by the publishing house Triada in Prague.