Michael L. Smith, Ph.D.
1998, B.A., University of Washington in Seattle, USA
2000, M.A., Boston College, USA
2003-2008, Ph.D., New School for Social Research, New York, USA
- political science: democratic governance, corruption, civil society and public participation, direct democracy
- sociology: social stratification, social and educational inequality, social exclusion
- 2003-, University of Washington, Department of Comparative History of Ideas, Lecturer
- 2001-2005, Anglo-American College in Prague, Lecturer
- 2002-2003, Sarah Lawrence College, New York, Lecturer
- 2002-2003, New York University, New York, Teaching Assistant
- 2001, Eugene Lang College, New York, Lecturer
Member of RC28 (Research Committee 28 of the International Sociological Association), American Sociological Association, American Political Science Association, Midwest Political Science Association.
Peer-reviewed journals I have reviewed for: Comparative Education Review, European Journal of Political Research, Environmental Politics, Czech Sociological Review, Journal of Applied Economics.