The Council of the Institute of Sociology of the Czech Academy of Sciences is accepting applications for the position of Director of the Institute of Sociology CAS.
Applicants must meet the following requirements for consideration:
- conformity with the legal requirements referred to in Section 17, Paragraphs (4) to (6), of Act No. 341/2005 on Public Research Institutions, as currently in effect; 
- a university degree and academic qualifications in a field of research relevant to the work of the institute;
- a strong record of academic work in at least one of the main fields of research carried out at the institute;
- good organisational skills and managerial experience;
- proficiency in the English language, with other language skills also an advantage;
- moral integrity;
- conformity with the conditions referred to in Act No. 451/1991 that define additional prerequisites for the eligibility to occupy certain positions in state bodies and organisations of the Czech and Slovak Federative Republic, the Czech Republic, and the Slovak Republic, as currently in effect. (This requirement does not apply to applicants who are not citizens of the Czech Republic.)
The Director of the Institute may not be a member of any management or supervisory bodies of legal entities that are engaged in business activity and may not engage in any business activity conducted by legal entities that operate in a field that falls within the scope of the institute’s activities. These restrictions do not apply to the individual’s management of his/her private property (Section 17, Par. 6, Act No. 341/2005).
Expected term in office: 1 September 2021 to 31 August 2026
Applications and attached materials are to be submitted in writing in Czech or in English.
The application should include:
- a curriculum vitae;
- copies of documents attesting to the applicant’s highest completed level of education and other academic qualifications;
- a list of professional and managerial experience to date;
- a list of the applicant’s main scholarly work and publications;
- information about the applicant’s past international research collaborations and experience;
- a management plan for the institute and the direction of its activities and for the future development of the institute;
- a criminal record extract no older than three months;
- applicants who are not citizens of the Czech Republic must submit a signed statement confirming that they meet the conditions for eligibility referred to in Section 17, Paragraphs (4) and (5), of Act No. 341/2005. 
Applicants are invited to submit their applications by registered postal delivery or in person to the Secretariat of the Institute of Sociology, Czech Academy of Sciences, Jilská 1, 110 00 Prague 1, no later than 31 May 2021 – and by noon on that day in the case of applications submitted in person. For posted applications the date stamped on the envelope is taken as the submission date. Please write ‘Do not open – Call for applications’ on the envelope. To deliver an application in person, please arrange a time in advance with Ing. Miriam Bartošová: Tel. 210 310 220, weekdays between 8.15 and 16.30.
 The relevant legislation is available here: http://www.vyzkum.cz/storage/att/2D962B39DFEE8904BD6E509A5354FACA/Act.%2....
 A template of the statement for applicants who are not citizens of the Czech Republic, to be submitted signed:
In compliance with Section 17, Paragraphs (4) and (5), of Act No. 341/2005 on Public Research Institutions,
I, the undersigned, ………………………………… confirm that
I am legally competent,
I have never been lawfully convicted of a crime for an act that relates to the scope of activities of public research institutions or for a financial crime or a crime against property,
I have not in the past three years been sanctioned for a violation pursuant to special legal regulations governing the performance of specialist work related to the subject of activity of public research institutions.
(CITY) ………., (date) ……….. (signature) …………………………